There will be various speakers that will share their advice and experiences of being women in the professional world. The goal of the event is to help women find their voice in the world.
The Wright State Lake Campus will host the women’s right to vote on Nov. 14.
This program is a one-day conference lasting from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. The event will be held at the Lake Campus in James F. Dickie Hall (168 Dwyer).
There will be a lunch buffet after mingling with peers and professionals from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. Then keynote speaker Sherri Dahl will take center stage.
Sherri Dahl is a lawyer, author and speaker who has also served as vice president, general counsel of Thirty-One gifts since August 2018. Dahl wrote the book “Ascending: Inspirational Stories & Practical Advice for Women in Law & Business.” She is armed with extensive experience when it comes to legal matters.
After Dahl’s speech, a panel discussion from professional women will take place.
The guests are:
- Michele Dues, plant manager at Cooper Farms
- Dr. Stephanie Sommer, dentist who travels the United States to mentor medical and dental professionals on the topics of Botox and dermal fillers
- Fawn Gadel, director of Ohio START at the Public Children Services Association of Ohio
- Stacie McCracken, founder and lead consultant of McCracken Co.
- Lisa Klenke, president of the Board of Trustees of the Ohio State Health Network, Boards of the West Central Ohio Regional Healthcare Alliance and the Cancer Network of Central Ohio
The first 25 students to RSVP to [email protected] will have their admission fee of $35 waived by a grant from the Western Ohio Educational Foundation.
Those interested can also mail admission fee check written out to ‘Women in Leadership’ and sent to: Women in Leadership, c/o Anne Stauger, 2864 Fox Road, Fort Recovery, OH 45846.