In the Student Government Association (SGA) meeting on Oct. 22, the organization discussed upcoming events in the following months and near future.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Director of Outreach and Collaboration Austin Rex announced that event details have been finalized for Monster Smash on Oct. 31.
- Director of Student Affairs Beth Metcalf discussed the upcoming hazing prevention week, Nov. 3-9.
- College of Engineering and Computer Science Senator Jonathon Ciero discussed a Donut with the Dean event that will be hosted on Nov. 6.
- Leah Dryden, commuter senator, discussed plans to set up a date for the College Leadership Summit with possible guest speakers and sessions.
- Assistant Director of Diversity and Inclusion B Lenz and Director of Accessibility, Health and Safety Seth Hohlbein discussed collaborating with organizations and senators for Mental Health week. The tentative date for that week is Jan. 27-31.
SGA plans to invite Chief Operating Officer Greg Sample to a future meeting to provide further information on the closed gate in Lot 4.
SGA meetings are held every Tuesday at 7 p.m. in the Student Union Atlantis room 157 and are open to the public.